Since our inception in 2005, Mederi’s clinical training programs and lecture offerings have educated thousands of healthcare providers in our unique and highly efficacious Mederi Care approach (also known as the Eclectic Triphasic Medical System™ or ETMS). Participants have included medical doctors, oncologists, naturopaths, acupuncturists and other health care providers.
What is Mederi Academy?
Mederi Academy is a 2-year, accredited online learning program that trains healthcare practitioners around the world in Mederi Medicine, giving them the skills they need to significantly improve quality of life and longevity for people facing cancer and other serious health challenges.
Who is Mederi Academy for?
Mederi Academy is open to licensed clinical practitioners who are committed to providing comprehensive care in the field of integrative medicine, specifically with an interest in our unitive, Mederi Care model. The Academy addresses the deep gaps in current healthcare by training providers in our wholistic, unitive form of medicine and healing, thus providing a much-needed foundation for the integration of conventional science, genetics, and immunology with the life-enhancing properties of botanical medicine.
What does Mederi Academy offer?
The skills-based, 2-year online learning curriculum is delivered by Mederi Care/ETMS trained faculty and includes several optional in-person training modules in Ashland. Participants develop deep knowledge of Mederi Care and the skills to effectively practice it.
The first year is a pre-clinical curriculum with an objectives-based structure that includes Mederi Care/ETMS methodology, botanical medicine, genetics, immunology, well-being, prevention, and chronic conditions. The second year focuses on clinical skills training.
Training in Mederi Care/ETMS emphasizes advanced clinical applications of botanical, nutritional, and biological medicine principles within a multifaceted framework in order to successfully execute health-building interventions and protocols that enhance patient vitality and lifespan.
For more information, please contact Melissa Pedersen, Mederi Education Program Administrator at 541.488.0514, ext. 314 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cohort 1 application process opens early 2022 for enrollment in September 2022!
Our two-year program is conducted remotely (both individually and in mentored groups) with four in-person Mederi Medicine summits in Ashland, Oregon. The core curriculum includes on-line didactics, case-based studies, facilitated calls, and hands-on protocol development and mentored patient experiential learning.
Year one: Domains of Content
- Preclinical Preparatory Phase
- Foundations of Mederi Medicine and ETMS
- ETMS 1 – Host evaluation and health
- ETMS 2 – The Microenvironment
- ETMS 3 – The Biology of Cancer
- Mederi Medicine and Cancer
- Hormones, Cancer, and Modulation
- Protocol Development and Treatment
- Mederi Practitioner and Unitive Care
Year Two: Domains of Content
Clinical Specialties and Skills:
- Women’s Health, Osteoporosis
- Men’s Health
- Cardiovascular Prevention and Hypertension
- Endocrine Health, Thyroid disease
- Neurologic Disorders
- Depression and Anxiety
Mederi Practitioner Skill Sets:
- Research methods and participation
- Multi-professional Collaboration
- Mederi Practice Management and Mederi Center Standards
Learning and Teaching Method
- On-line sessions with self-evaluation
- Live Webinars
- Flipped classes
- Case Studies and Facilitation
- Team based problem-based learning – in groups of their own facilitated on-line or in person
- Simulation and hands-on practice
- Whole group session
- Breakout Sessions with peers
- We are pursuing CME and CE with (e.g. ACGME) and other accrediting bodies
- Mederi Academy will grant Certification to graduates
- We will pursue affiliation with institution for Master’s degree
- We are developing an ACGME approved curriculum to be incorporated into Medical Schools – as a pathway for collaboration, as well as for training
Interested in applying? Here's our eligibility criteria:
The Mederi Academy admits up to 35 healthcare practitioners for its 2-year certification program to those who are committed to providing comprehensive care in the field of integrative, unitive medicine, specifically with an interest in Mederi Care and oncology. Training in the Mederi Care model emphasizes advanced clinical applications of botanical, nutritional, and biological medicine principles within a multifaceted framework in order to successfully execute health-building interventions for enhancing patient vitality and lifespan.
1) Current credentials, active licensure and/or certification in any of the following primary disciplines / clinical professions by the appropriate authority / regulatory body:
- Medical Doctor (MD)
- Naturopathic Doctor (ND)
- Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
- Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (DACM or DAOM) or Doctor of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine
- Diplomate of Acupuncture, Chinese Herbology, and Oriental Medicine (Dipl. Ac, CH, OM)
- Licensed Acupuncturist (LAc)
- Doctor of Chiropractic (DC)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Registered Herbalist (RH)
- Registered Dietician (RD)
- Certified Clinical Nutritionist (CCN)
- Certified Nutrition Specialist (CNS)
- Certified Ayurvedic Practitioner (CAP)
2) Professional references (reference form will be provided with application)
3) Minimum 3 years clinical practice / experience in a healthcare setting (ie; hospital, clinic, private practice)
4) Professional characteristics:
- Commitment to high standards of ethics in patient interactions
- Passion for unitive, wholistic, science-based medicine
- Desire to work in teams with providers of varying backgrounds
- Willingness to adhere to Mederi Practice Standards during and after training
- Commitment to ongoing learning
* Please note these are the minimum eligibility requirements to apply to the certification program. Meeting the minimum eligibility requirements does not grant automatic acceptance into the program. A complete application must be submitted to determine eligibility. Applications will be posted soon.
Application Process opens early 2022
To be notified when the application process opens, please contact Melissa Pedersen, Mederi Education Program Administrator at 541.488.0514, ext. 314 or email email@example.com.
“We are looking forward to welcoming Cohort 1 to the new Mederi Academy! A prominent online program has been a long-time vision of ours and we are positioned to be at the forefront of integrative medicine training opportunities with our continuing medical education program. With this new educational platform, Mederi Center is committed to preparing practitioners to contribute to patient vitality and lifespan with Mederi Care. We hope you can join us!” ~ Jennifer Yance, Executive Director