Client Liaison Position
We are an enthusiastic, talented, and dedicated group of practitioners and staff, with a passion for health and holistic healing. We're excited about empowering our patients with the tools and education they need to lead healthier, longer lives using botanical and nutritional medicine and supportive lifestyle practices. Our mission is to deliver the best possible care by providing personalized, comprehensive treatment plans, often in concert with allopathic medicine, to support optimal health and vitality. We are a hard-working and committed team that strives to be our best selves in our work, with each other, and the people we serve. If this sounds like a fit for you, please keep reading to learn more about our organization and employment opportunities.
Our Clinic and Foundation
Mederi Center is a non-profit 501(c)(3) clinic and educational organization for holistic health and healing. The mission of Mederi Center is to optimize health and wellness for people of all ages, and to improve the quality of life and outcomes for patients with chronic diseases, cancer, and stress or age-related conditions. Mederi Center serves its mission through patient services, education programs for healthcare providers, and clinical research initiatives, applying a pioneering, 'unitive' model for wholistic, integrative medicine developed by our founder and lead clinician, Donnie Yance. Mederi Center also collaborates with health care providers and medical institutions around the country and abroad.
Patient / Client Liaison Position
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Liaise between naturopathic practitioner and patients to coordinate and ensure successful delivery of all components of Mederi Care program
• Review patient queries with practitioner and accurately relay detailed responses from practitioner to patients
• Edit/forward protocol and handouts daily to patients
• Follow-up with patients after sending protocol to answer any general questions.
• Review and prepare patient files prior to appointments alerting practitioner to new information
• Order labs or call-in prescriptions for patients
• Enter prescriptions into Fullscript software system
• Maintain timely charting of all patient activity
• Utilize ChARM EHR software as it pertains to the job duties
• Adhere to HIPAA regulations as they relate to patient privacy and organizational policy
• Handle invoicing of patient consultations (including preparing insurance billing) and invoicing for products when needed to facilitate exceptional on-site care
• Effectively articulate and explain Mederi Care approach to prospective, new, and existing patients
• Provide back-up phone support to front end reception as needed
• Assist with supporting and coordinating care for new and prospective patients including provide general information, forms, scheduling, new patient onboarding, answering questions and directing to teammates as appropriate
• 1-2 years’ experience working in medical field, i.e., medical assistant, nutritionist, health coach, etc.
• Interest in integrative healthcare, training and/or certificate in herbalism or nutrition preferred
• Passionate about health and wellbeing
• Exceptional customer service and phone etiquette
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Highly organized, capable of establishing priorities, strong follow-up
• Ability to deal gracefully with shifting patient and practitioner priorities
• Experience and/or ability to mediate patient concerns in a calming and helpful manner
• Team player with a good sense of camaraderie
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to deal courteously and effectively with internal and external requests
• Effective time management skills and ability to multi-task
• Ability to remain focused and organized in a busy environment
• Positive attitude
• Empathetic, compassionate, sensitive to the unique needs of patients with cancer and chronic conditions
Hours: Non-exempt, full-time. 32+ hours per week
Location: Mederi Clinic is located in Ashland, OR.
Benefits: Health insurance, PTO (Paid time off), generous holiday pay, monthly apothecary product allowance, flexible schedule (partially remote) and a beautiful office.
To apply: Please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position to Claire McKenzie, Executive Administrator at email@example.com